MSP Position – Microsoft Support Engineer Tier 2
BUI is a family of technical, highly skilled, and diverse individuals. BUI is recognized as an award-winning IT consultancy and Microsoft Gold Partner delivering Microsoft solutions globally with a focus on the Microsoft Azure Platform, security, specialized cloud services, Cisco and Palo Alto Network technologies and the management of cloud for mid-market to enterprise-level customers.
At BUI, we use digital technology in exciting new and powerful ways to create customer centric solutions, enabling better performance, productivity, and compliance, in an ever-changing technological world. We are looking for a unique, passionate, outgoing, and somewhat weird Microsoft Support Engineer to join our team!
- On-going skills development and growing opportunities,
- Annual Incentive Scheme,
- Exposure to a vast support network in MS Azure, Sec-Ops and Networking
Summary of the position offered:
The primary function of the role is to provide MSP Tier 2 support as part of the BUI Managed Services Team, to provide second-level technical remote and onsite support to clients of BUI, through the BUI Service Desk, in the greater Cape Town area.
- Performing customer support to our SLA clients via telephone and email.
- Responding to and dealing with technical queries, through the BUI ITSM system, Jira.
- Microsoft CSP and Azure Support to clients.
- Engaging with customers to proactively provide customer service, through monitoring while using BUI monitoring tools, N-Able and Intune.
- Providing recommendations and assisting with installation and configuration of computer systems.
- Upgrading and replacing network hardware.
- Support of workstations and Server software with patches.
- Assisting with Backup and Antivirus support with the toolsets, N-Able, inTune, Soteria, Redstore, and Veaam.
- AZ-900 and AZ104 Certification
- MS-900 and MS-500 Certification
- 2+ years of recent cloud computing, server, and network troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding and experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Ability to work shifts where required.
- A stable, uncapped home internet is required. (In the event that you need to log calls outside of office hours)
- Experience working on help desk/service desk handling tickets, with good Call Management.
- Experience in troubleshooting desktop hardware and associated peripherals.
- Demonstrate effective soft skills, active listening skills and ability to assess, address and assist with customer situations.
Own Transport is essential.